The Shanghai team at Vita Student, has revealed the top ten ‘must have’ essentials students traveling to the UK need to ‘feel at home away from home’ when moving into new university residences this autumn.
Chinese students currently make up the largest non-UK demographic of students at UK universities and, according to research carried out by Vita Student’s dedicated team in Shanghai, these students are looking for bespoke accommodation that ticks all the boxes.
Uniquely positioned to speak to Chinese students and parents at home before they pack their bags for the UK, Vita Student asked this year’s intake of students which elements are most important for the best possible student accommodation experience.
They fed back the following in order of importance:
1) Good quality residence service and a friendly team on site
2) Great location, close enough to main University (no longer than 10 minutes’ walk)
3) Breakfast included for convenience and cost savings
4) Security and safety inside and out
5) Room cleaning service included in the cost
6) High speed internet
7) Isolated study rooms and communal areas to talk with friends
8) Entertainment areas – for watching movies
9) Stylish exterior and interior design
10) Good quality furniture and fittings
Vita Student managing director Lee McLean says the research mirrors feedback from Chinese students currently living at Vita Student residences across the UK and reinforces its award-winning commitment to outstanding customer service:
“A huge proportion of our customers come from China and East Asia, and we’re enormously proud of our team’s ability to understand and deliver a first class service to every one of the rich and diverse array of cultures in our residences.”
“We’ve carefully tailored our approach and service for our Chinese residents and consider their specific needs and preferences whenever possible. This could be as simple as having dual signage throughout our residences to ensuring staff take a non-intrusive approach by knocking on doors softer and slower and removing footwear before entering a room.”
Vita Student has spaces left in the locations across the UK for the new 2016-17 university term