Bristol and West of England China Bureau Director of Finance
To maintain the organisation’s financial affairs, ensuring financial sustainability and development; proper financial controls, forecasting and budgeting; producing financial management information to inform effective financial decisions on behalf of the Board of Directors
· To ensure that B&WoECB complies with financial regulations and pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
· To comply with your obligations as a Director to ensure B&WoECB applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects (the organisation must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile those activities may appear).
· To contribute actively to the board of Directors in giving firm financial and strategic direction to
B&WoECB, setting overall financial policy, defining goals and setting financial targets and
evaluating financial performance against agreed targets.
· To safeguard the good name and values of B&WoECB.
· To ensure the effective and efficient financial administration of B&WoECB including the annual
· To contribute to ensuring the financial stability of B&WoECB.
· Under the direction and authority of the Board to protect and manage the property of B&WoECB and to ensure the proper investment of its funds.
· Execute the responsibilities and duties of a company director according to lawful and ethical standards.
· Assisting in the development of and cascading the organisations strategy/mission across the membership where relevant.
Additional duties of the treasurer
· Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements
· The preparation and presentation of financial reports to the board
· Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
· Liaising with any paid staff and volunteers about financial matters
· Advising on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
· Ensuring the organisation’s compliance with legislation
· Ensuring equipment and assets are adequately maintained and insured
· Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, e.g. the registrar of companies
· Contributing comment and ideas to the fundraising strategy of the organisation
Being a committed and positive Ambassador for B&WoECB
Proactive participation – self-starter willing to be left to work on own initiative
Responsive & communicative with the Chair and fellow Directors
Willingness to learn and embrace new ideas
Proven success as a Financial Controller / Director / Trustee
Willingness to devote the appropriate time
Some experience of working with not for profit and fundraising
Skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
Understanding of Chinese culture and a passion for it
Proven Leadership capability within business / not for profit sector
Programme / Project or Event management experience
Please send your CV to [email protected]