China Exchange announces Deb8 China, a stimulating night of fast talking debate as five speakers seek to question our assumptions about China. From sex and gender to the economy, each speaker has just 8 minutes to deliver their argument and get the audience talking.
Join the Young Professionals in Foreign Policy for a stimulating evening, leaving you with some questions answered and some new questions to explore on Wednesday 10 February at China Exchange during the Spring Festival.
Topics to be discussed
1) Sex & Gender – No sex please, we’re Chinese! Exploring attitudes towards sex and gender in China. Jemimah Steinfeld author Little Emperors and Material Girls
2) Education – Eat. Sleep. Learn. Repeat. What makes the Chinese education system so successful and can those practices be applied globally? Cenn John CEO Hatching Dragon
3) Environment – In the Mist. Can China tackle the climate change issues and how long will it take?Charlotte Middlehurst Managing Editor China Dialogue
4) Censorship – Can’t speak. Don’t speak. Aowen Jin Artist
5) Economy – The Chinese are capitalists in communist clothing. Dr. Kent Deng Reader in Economic History Department at the London School of Economics
Wednesday, 10 February 2016 from 19:00 to 21:00
China Exchange – 32A Gerrard Street London W1D 6JA GB