Enter Nee Hao Magazine’s Video Karaoke Competition by submitting a video of yourself singing. The competition’s goals are to encourage more people from the Chinese community in the UK to get involved in music and to give a platform for singers to showcase their talents.
To enter the competition, record a video of yourself singing, upload it on YouTube and post the link to the Nee Hao Magazine Facebook page, or send the video file to us via We Transfer. Please include a brief introduction of yourself. The video must be home made. Email the file to [email protected]
Prizes for the winner
1) A professional music video shot for the winner
2) An opportunity to perform in front of hundreds of people at a Nee Hao Event
3) A rolling cash prize pot of £200. This figure could increase when more sponsors come onboard as the competition evolves.
1) Closing date for video submissions is September 30th 2014.
2) The competition is open to anyone from the Chinese community in the UK including students from China, Hong Kong and Malaysia. Songs can be either in English or Chinese. People who are not Chinese or East Asian may also enter on the condition they sing in Chinese.
3) Live instruments or background music are both acceptable.
BoBo Lai, 19 from Portsmouth, singing 宝贝 by 张悬
David Shek, 27 from Dundee, Scotland, singing Michael Buble’s Everything
Kenny Lo, 24 from Birmingham, singing 红日 by Hacken Lee
Christine and Huong, both 20 from London, singing 朋友 by Emil Chau
Please contact Jenning Cheung for questions about the competition: [email protected]