Enter Nee Hao Magazine’s Video Karaoke Competition by submitting a video of yourself singing. The competition’s goals are to encourage more people from the Chinese community in the UK to get involved in music and to give a platform for singers to showcase their talents.
To enter the competition, record a video of yourself singing, upload it on YouTube and post the link to the Nee Hao Magazine Facebook page, or send the video file to us via We Transfer. Please include a brief introduction of yourself. The video must be home made. Email the file to [email protected]
Please note the voting system has changed. Votes will be based on ‘Facebook Likes or Shares’ on the contestant’s page. All previous votes using the old format have been recorded and will be added to the contestant’s account, but now, each ‘Facebook Like or Share’ will count as a vote instead.
Below are the pages of the contestants who have entered so far. Any previous votes will be applied near the end of the competition. An update of who the leading entries are will follow soon.
(Click on the names to go to the contestant’s page)
Prizes for the winner
1) A professional music video shot for the winner
2) An opportunity to perform in front of hundreds of people at a Nee Hao Event
3) A rolling cash prize pot. The prize pot increases as more sponsors come onboard the competition. With special thanks to K2 Karaoke Nightclub in Manchester, the current prize pot stands at:
Winner – £225
Runner Up – £50
Third Place – £25
1) Closing date for video submissions is September 30th 2014.
2) The competition is open to anyone from the Chinese community in the UK including students from China, Hong Kong and Malaysia. Songs can be either in English or Chinese. People who are not Chinese or East Asian may also enter on the condition they sing in Chinese.
3) Live instruments or background music are both acceptable.
4) Votes and likes will be counted and applied to the contestants by the Nee Hao admin team.
* 1st place Winner needs to be reside in England for video prize as part of sponsors requirement.